Reviews.


If you are at a time in your life and need to step away from the horrors of life, I have.

The best formula is to do just that. Lime tree Farm and Solo days, to me last Saturday was just that, and it feels a world away from my real mundane life, l have been there many times last summer and now in the Autumn.
I like the great outdoors in this green and pleasant land, and Solo days is my world away and has helped me through some tough times of late. I have taken the time to visit Daz and the team, to be still and when I look around at lime tree and nature I feel peace.

I find in going to this special place reminds me of how we all could live peacefully. Solo days have helped me to remind myself of the need to take stock of my everyday day life. If you like conservation, I helped out rebuilding a Barn door, I liked participating in this small task of helping put a plank of wood to stop a door being damaged further by helping repair this on the farm. This filled me with a great sense of achievement in the thoughts of knowing I did this.

These thoughts are warming to the soul knowing I have given just a little something back to the project. This gives a whole new meaning to my life as things have been tough for me in my personal life. I have done knowing I can go back to nature feeling good about myself. I feel I can be there with other participants with breathing activities, or have, time, to just being there with myself as I have in the past to feel well and to just sit back and relax and take a deep breath and experience this positive place at Lime Tree farm.

   Dean. 13/10/2018.


Hi everyone, I wanted to share this with anyone contemplating booking a Solo day At Lime Tree Farm. Lime tree farm is in a beautiful location and an idyllic setting, I am grateful that the owners put so much care into their land to give people like me the opportunity to relax among nature at its best.


I saw the Solo day’s website and was attracted to the idea of it. I was rather apprehensive about doing any of this sort of thing as I'm 60 years young now and a bit creaky, to say the least. I certainly didn't know what to expect but I liked the idea of a single 'taster day' which includes mindfulness and meditation. I loved the idea of doing a small bit of conservation too, so I decided to book a date and give it a try.

The day which started at 10am until 4pm far exceeded my expectations. My friend and I were made extremely welcome and the ABC solo days team made us feel very relaxed, involved and at home.
The Meditation and Mindfulness exercises were easy to follow and I felt that I could incorporate them into my daily living when I get home.


The Conservation work was planting trees which thrilled me, a member of the team did the digging for which I was grateful.


We contributed to the building of some steps which we had great fun with and our input to its design was welcomed. It is very satisfying to be able to contribute back to nature.
We spent about an hour in the centre of the Stone Circle meditating, being silent and listening to the birds sing. I felt that I owed myself this moment.
We did fire lighting which was really fun. This was near the Roundhouse which again was an enjoyable experience and calming.
I was surprised how much food there was and being vegetarian we were catered for too.
I would recommend anyone who might consider doing this to book a date and go. I was very pleasantly surprised. I know that a weekend course is available and I shall be booking a weekend in the near future.


I can honestly say that I feel my Mind, Body, and Spirit have been recharged again. A Beautiful day was had.
A BIG thank you to the team, Darrell, Tony, and Dave.
At abcsolodays.blogspot.com  
Thank you to Lime tree farm.

Mrs. Susan Thornton.  17/09/2017.



I went along to Solo days not really knowing what to expect. The brief was mindfulness, meditation, and conservation ... lunch included!!

After a lovely drive through the Dales to reach Lime Tree Farm, we were greeted with a cup of tea, heated on the log burner and a big cookie.
Bit scared I was going to be trying beetles and roots that I'd never seen before. So a bit of a relief (wasn't going to need the emergency rations in the car)...

The day then got off the ground in the Round House, a replica of a time long passed.  We were shown how to breathe. Sounds crazy, but living in a fast life with juggling a business, family, and seeing the world through a laptop and a phone screen or car window. The phone was turned off, and this was my time...  I began to feel relaxed and breathe in a way I can only imagine a Tibetan monk might be doing.

The start of mindfulness, all the external thoughts of who needs calling, how many emails need answering, all simply disappeared. I felt contentment, a feeling, to be honest, I'm not familiar with. 
And so the day continued with a calmness that I hadn't experienced since childhood.
Lighting the fire pit, with no matches, encouraging the sparks to catch. Designing the start of the woodland path and putting in the 1st step... Walk through the woods, Time under the great tree. Talk of a vow of silence we would be doing at the end of the day, in the mystical stone circle...

Driving home, after what I can only describe as one of the most peaceful days. Thinking how can I put into words what today meant?
"I planted a tree", just doesn't cut it.

I am planning to return. Maybe next time for a weekend... 


A huge thank you, to Darrell, Dave and Tony... New friends 💓

Debbie 17/09/2017.


Hi,
My review of Solo days at Lime tree farm:
“I found the Solo day at Lime tree farm very welcoming, set in a beautiful countryside of Yorkshire miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Even the drive was a lovely experience. I enjoyed the set up of the program from meditation in the tepee, walking down wooden benches, the jungle and the swings where I connected with my inner child. It’s an experiential program; you have to be there to feel it. I loved it…enjoyed the company too. Had a brilliant dinner cooked over a wood fire and a lovely breakfast with the owners.
Very peaceful and idyllic, could spend a weekend connecting with nature, myself and my higher power”.

Mubashir Khan. August 2017.


Thank you for inviting me to the retreat. It gave me time to think and get away from the stresses at work. 
I enjoyed doing practical things helping out around the farm and not having to use my brain for a change. 
I found being around nature was so relaxing. 
I haven't been back for a few weeks now, due to life commitment but I still have the longing to be back there. 
Hopefully, I will soon be able to come back.


Thanks, Dave Allen. 25/8/2017



Review Solo day.23rd February 2019.



The start of the day was the preparation of the site e.g. getting the fire going and gathering twigs and branches etc and using our skills and instincts to feed ourselves and keep warm as I was still chilly. Once that was done we set up the roundhouse for the Meditation session. A Tibetan meditation bowl was used which these items had an interesting story by themselves as to how they ended up being at Lime tree farm. This made this time even more special for me.
We did the meditation which was the best and deepest I’ve ever done and it lasted longer for me than my previous visits here which in turn brought more serenity and acceptance of life than I have ever known. I am grateful for this and I can use these skills in daily life. The session was just what I needed and I feel I have a stronger connection to my Higher Power and to God than ever before.
After this, we had food that had been cooked on the outside range and a lovely pot of tea.
We then went up to the main area of the buildings and we helped one of the other wonderful visitors to Lime tree farm. It’s great to be with like-minded friends who help one another when needed.
The last part of the day was tidying the fences around the Roundhouse which I enjoyed. We then went for the hours silence in the stone circle but I only managed thirty minutes as I have a physical disability.
This is my third visit to Lime tree farm with ABC and Solo days but I get so much spiritual growth here. I have made a commitment to go up and help and participate as often as I can. This is such a beautiful place.

Thank you. Marie K.